The Legend of the Old, Crappy Guitar


As a huge music lover, I enjoy listening to-- you guessed it--- music. I love anything from the classics, to the 70's and 80's hit songs, especially the ever nostalgic 90's music genre which I consider the best decade when it came to musical history. There are also a lot of talented new artists today. I just don't get it why they always opt to revive previous songs instead of just creating their own. You see, I'm the person who thinks that the best version of "Crazy for You" is the one made by Madonna (you do get what I'm trying to say, right?). So anyway, before I go farther and farther from the actual topic of this post I'm going to stop the criticisms, and go on to my story. Less than a month ago, staying at home, and having nothing productive to do (you know, being a bum and not having a job, and all), I decided that I want to learn how to play the guitar. And when I say 'want to learn', I mean --'really, seriously learn it'. You see years ago, my mom bought me this guitar and a keyboard, but I haven't actually got the time to learn them. So now that all I have is time, I looked for my old, crappy guitar, and I found it engulfed by a thick layer of dust and cobwebs. I went to look in the internet for free guitar lessons. I don't want anyone teaching me. This is something I have to do on my own. So then I tried out my old guitar, with a new found enthusiasm in my heart. But my old crappy guitar, so to speak, is actually, very old, and unbelievably crappy. I'm not kidding, if anyone heard me playing it, they'd want to me to stop doing so. Believe me, even if you have no musical gene whatsoever, you'd know that something was seriously wrong with that thing. It sounded terrible. When I looked at it closely, some parts of the edges where the sounding board is attached to the rest of it's body were apart (I guess that explains the awful sound). And so, I begged my dad to buy me a new guitar. It didn't matter what brand, all that mattered was that it was new. But my dad seemed not too excited about getting me a new one. So I had to put up with the old, crappy one. I thought I was condemned never to get to learn to play until.... one day, when I put my guitar down because I had to do something, as fate would have it, it fell to the ground and got broke right at its nut. So then I had my old, crappy, useless, and broken guitar. (hooray!) Now, I swear I didn't break it on purpose. My dad even told me that he would've gotten me the new one I was asking for without me purposely breaking the one I had (Yeah, right!). I guess it's just one of those lucky coincidences. Ok, so then two days after that incident, I went to get a new one. It is quite cheap, but better---wait--- sooooo much better than the old, crappy one.

0 comments:

 

productive boredom Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice